Makeup advice for teenagers and young teen models: Makeup adds to your already natural beauty and helps to highlight your best features. However it is important that you use this tool correctly and not to over-do it. Often it is a good policy to ask an adult female for advice, such as your mom or older sibling. You might be surprised how much experience and wisdom can come from years of applying makeup!
To help get you started we have listed 6 tips for the perfect makeup for young teens.
1. Skincare Prep: As a daily routine you should always keep your skin clean and clear. This is especially important before applying makeup. Also be sure to moisturize your skin. The best skincare products will cleanse your skin without being too abrasive and will help to keep your pores clear. Always finish your skincare regimen with a light moisturizer to hydrate and prep your face for makeup application.
2. Foundation and Concealer: In most cases less is more, so keep that in mind when applying makeup. Also foundation is a personal preference and it may not be the right choice for you. The reason for this is that foundation can sometimes feel and look heavy. Concealer is your best option for quick fixes and cover-ups, such as unexpected zits that may pop up overnight. Be sure to choose a color that best matches your tone, then lightly dab (using a cotton swab) the areas you wish to conceal.
3. Blush: When using blush be sure to go with a natural looks. Blush is used on your cheeks and therefore it is important to avoid any colors that do not match your skin tone. Try using a lightly colored bronzer for a subtle sun-kissed touch or a light pink rosy color to accentuate your natural glow. Lightly brush blush over your cheeks and finish with lighter coverage on the bridge of your nose and your forehead.
4. Eyeshadow and Liner: Eyeshadow is a great way to bring out your eye color and draw attention to your eyes. Select a natural shade with a bit of shimmer for an everyday look (be careful not to over-do it). Brown and hazel eyes look best in warmer colors like copper and gold. Brown and green eyes really stand out with gray- and plum-colored shadows. You can also use eyeliner to accentuate your eyes, but the less-is-more rule also applies here. Use light gray and brown eyeliners to start off.
5. Mascara: A little mascara to darken your lashes is a great way to call attention to your eyes. Do you have pretty blue eyes? Frame them with a dark brown mascara. Dark eyes? Opt for a slightly darker mascara shade. To make your lashes look lifted, use an eyelash curler at the root of your upper lashes and hold it for five seconds. Then wiggle your mascara wand in an upward motion through the lashes. By using the correct techniques on your eyes you can really make an impression.
6. Lipgloss: To finish off your makeup apply some lipgloss. This will provide a light and natural look while also adding a shimmery glow. You can even use a lightly colored lip stain for a look that needs no re-applying. Pick a neutral pink or tan color. Apply the stain to your lips and wait for it to dry. You can finish the look with a clear lipgloss.
It takes time to create a look that works best for you, but practice makes perfect. Just aim for bringing out a more beautiful you by accentuating your best features. In time you will have a perfect technique!